Back to the Workplace? Protect your Employees After Covid
June 14, 2021 Leave a Comment
After a year of changes and with many adjustments still underway, people have started to get a glimpse of a world post-COVID. Now more than ever, public health norms have been deemed a priority in all working spaces because workers want to feel safe while resuming their old way of life. With all the resources available, this might seem simple enough on a surface level, but it can be hard to parse the emotional whiplash of going back to the workstation after months of isolation. No matter the industry, business owners are responsible for creating a balance that preserves their inner system while ensuring their staff's peace of mind.
Keeping A Safe Work Environment and Meeting your Employee's Expectations
If you're a business owner, you're probably in the midst of researching safety protocols while adapting your norms according to factors like the size of your business, the number of workers, your company's budget, etc. Beyond the fact that proper workplace hygiene is a responsibility that no business owner should neglect, you need to keep the well-being of your workers in mind and convey this perception to them. Your efforts to instill proper protective measures will go a long way, not only to maintain the company's productivity levels but also when it comes to preserving a peaceful, safe environment for your staff to thrive. These are some safety measures that will help you keep your workers safe:
- Implement informative pieces and interactive methods to educate your staff, not only concerning COVID-19 but also on the importance of maintaining a hygienic environment to prevent other infectious diseases and health conditions. You can display informative bulletins, send emails and surveys asking your staff about the measures they consider necessary, and use visual cues to illustrate basic safety norms.
- Encourage your staff to take a sick leave if they feel unwell. Many people risk bringing contagions into the workplace out of fear of losing their livelihood after taking some days off. Make sure to provide flexible policies to accommodate your employees in the event of an illness.
- Keep physical contact to a minimum and make sure that all necessary instances of close contact last no more than 15 minutes.
- Check the area's ventilation. Look for ways to keep fresh air circulating to help prevent toxic elements from settling in your working space.
- Continue encouraging online communication between employees, to minimize the number of people working on-site at any given time, as well as with customers and associates.
- Stay up to date with the approved safety restrictions against COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Resources include guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as local regulations.
Concerning Workplace Hygiene:
- Keep a steady supply of disinfecting and sanitizing products for your employees and your cleaning staff. You can make water, soap, and hand sanitizer available in different areas within your workplace so that people can wash their hands regularly.
- Establish a regular cleaning regime, especially in high-traffic areas or public spaces open for customers/visitors. Tabletops, counters, office desks, restrooms, food appliances, and microwaves are some of the surfaces that collect the highest number of germs and viruses.
- Avoid using toxic cleaning products that have the potential to cause adverse risks to your staff. Bleach and store-bought products, and even some "green" disinfectants have ingredients that may cause burns, respiratory issues, and even cancer after constant exposure. The best option is using biodegradable products with a neutral pH to near neutral pH.
The Best Technology to Ensure a Hygienic Environment
GenEon gives you the chance to simplify corporate cleaning methods while saving money and minimizing the waste of resources. With our unique, On-Site Generation technology, you can create sustainable disinfectants, degreasers, and sanitizers whenever you need them, making the process safer and more efficient for your cleaning staff.
The process driving our technology is called electrochemical activation (ECA). To summarize, one of the natural minerals that GenEon uses as a catalyst is salt. Salt is a compound comprised of sodium and chloride. Sodium ions are positively charged, and chloride ions are negatively charged. GenEon Onsite Generators expose these ions to a low electrical charge. The positive side of the charge electrochemically converts the chloride ion (Cl) to hypochlorous acid (HOCl), which is a powerful sanitizer. The negative side of the charge electrochemically converts the sodium ion (Na) into sodium hydroxide (NaOH), which is a cleaning compound commonly found in soaps and detergents. Unlike many other OSG systems, GenEon's system is a Blended Stream System that uses both versions in the same solution. The hypochlorous solution is represented as Free Available Chlorine (FAC) with 80-200 times the sanitizing power of chlorine bleach. Since it is produced at a near-neutral pH, it won't bleach out furniture or clothes. This is called electrolyzed water for cleaning, and GenEon is the leader in the on-site generation of Electrolyzed Water.
Deemed safe to use in enclosed spaces without harming people or animals, GenEon's products kill 99.999% of common germs in seconds, making it easier for you to secure a disinfected space through the constant rush of an active working environment. In addition, because our solutions are powered by renewable ingredients, you will reduce your overall cost, not only by removing the need to purchase multiple cleaning products but by reducing the costs of shipping and inventory. In fact some organizations that have adapted GenEon has seen improved attendance and reduction of worker comp claims. You can move on from the dangers of regular cleaners and use truly eco-friendly disinfectants to create a hygienic environment for your employees. GenEon is here to help you protect your workforce with the most revolutionary disinfecting and sanitizing the market has to offer.
At GenEon Technologies, we are committed to helping all industries with the best sustainable system. If you want to ease your burdens while perfecting your company's safety protocols, our products represent a practical, affordable way to maintain a germ-free space for your employees. Fill out our website's contact form to get in touch with GenEon Technologies, and we'll help you secure a solution befitting your workplace's standards.
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comment section below. Also, feel free to share it by clicking the share buttons below. Want us to cover another topic related to cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing solutions? If so, then like us, follow us, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook GenEonTechnologies
and Twitter @geneontech